A Family Heirloom

Monday, March 7, 2011

I have been creating keepsake garments for little ones now for almost seven years.  So you can only imagine how I felt when I found out I was having a baby girl.  Ask anyone I love having a son, but you can only sew things for your little boy for so long before it becomes odd.  While I was pregnant with my daughter I used to spend my days dreaming about making an over the top Christening gown.  I was so excited that I finally had the opportunity to create such a gown for my own child! 
I have always been a big fan of Martha Pullen and all her knowledge of heirloom techniques.  This dress combines one of her dress designs along with some of my own special details, which I added to make the dress more a reflection of my own personal taste/style.
I am so happy that I had the opportunity to create such an elaborate gown.  I can imagine her as a grown woman holding it and thinking about how I stayed up late at night when she was a just a newborn to create a special garment for her blessing day.

This post was linked to the following partys

2 comments:

Ali said...

Aw it turned out beautifully. What a great keepsake for your little one. :)

Davis Painters said...

Thannk you for sharing this

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...