Bling Bling!

Monday, May 16, 2011


I had received a special request recently. 
I was asked to "Bling Up" a prom dress. 
Brooke a conservative senior, after talking with her friends
felt that her prom dress was lacking that extra something.
So I was commissioned to add a little Bling to her dress.
First I created a flower broach.

I began by tracing a CD on her wrap; which she wasn't planning on wearing.
I then cut out the two CD sized circles.
Next I cut two more circles that were about 1" smaller.
Now the fun begins!

First I distressed the circles.  I really made a point of fraying the edges.
After I had finished distressing the circles
I held them over a lit candle to melt the edges.
*Please do this in a well ventilated room as the fumes from your burning fabric could be toxic*
I not only singed the edges but I also melted the inner part of the circles.
This helped to give the pieces diminension.
It was so much fun to watch the fabric curl and warp while I held it over the flame.


To finish the flower all I did was stack the circles from largest to smallest.
I added some frayed ribbon and a few beads.

It was at this point the beading began ...


and some more beads ...
several hours later
Bling ... Bling ... Bling

I'm really happy with how the dress turned out.
I still find it funny that this dramtic transformation
came about from a few beads and a lit candle!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...