Smocking Tutorials

Monday, May 23, 2011

Eversince the birth of my daughter, I have developed
a sort of obsession with smocking.
I love searching the Internet for inspiration.
Little smocked dresses just seem to
remind me of a simpler time;
when a mother to be would spend her pregnancy stitching
together garments for her new baby.
I don't know about you, but I barely have enough time to do the laundry
let alone smock a bishop style gown for my daughter.
(Don't be fooled; this doesn't mean I don't dream about it!)
Below are some links to a few smocking tutorials.
The following three styles of smocking
look like they would be easy and go fast.
Don't be surprised if you stop by here in a few weeks and find
I have made the bean a dress using one of these methods.

I love the look of this honeycomb style

I have the prefect fabric for this diamond style smocking

This lattice style would make an amazing holiday dress!

What are you current obsessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...