I swear I have OCD

Thursday, May 19, 2011

It occurred to me recently while looking at old projects
that I so have crafter's OCD!
I will rip things out over and over till I get all my seams to match.
I get such a high when I can get the pattern on the fabric
to match when it crosses over a seam.
I get really excited when I manage to carry the pattern
on the fabric from the top of the piece of furniture
seamlessly down the entire piece

The best part is when the piece is complete. 
I have such a feeling of satisfaction knowing all the little
places where the pattern lines up perfect.
I bet the average person wouldn't even notice if they
were off by a 1/4" or so.  But for me they need to be dead on.

Now if I could carry my OCD qualities over to my housework ...


4 comments:

Kristi Hastings said...

Well, shoot!!! What a great thing to have!!! I think I need to hire you pronto!!!!!!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Oh my goodness...how talented are you!!! Your slipcover is perfect, your attention to detail has really paid off. I love the fabric, too. I'm visiting from Debbie's newbie party.

Debbiedoos said...

That is a good OCD to have. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

I have two small wing back chairs I have wanted to recover for almost 20 years. I won't throw them out because I can "see" them recovered. You make me want to get busy! Thanks! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...